Friday, October 1, 2010

Coping with the silence (Part B)

David, described by God as a man after His own heart.

1 Samuel 13:14
 
14 But now your kingdom shall not continue. The Lord has sought for Himself a man after His own heart, and the Lord has commanded him to be commander over His people, because you have not kept what the Lord commanded you.” 

Even he struggled with the silence:

Psalm 17:1-6 New King James Version (NKJV)

1 A Prayer of David. Hear a just cause, O Lord, Attend to my cry; Give ear to my prayer which is not from deceitful lips.
2 Let my vindication come from Your presence; Let Your eyes look on the things that are upright.
3 You have tested my heart; You have visited me in the night; You have tried me and have found nothing; I have purposed that my mouth shall not transgress.
4 Concerning the works of men, By the word of Your lips, I have kept away from the paths of the destroyer.
5 Uphold my steps in Your paths, That my footsteps may not slip.  
6 I have called upon You, for You will hear me, O God; Incline Your ear to me, and hear my speech

Psalm 22:2 New King James Version (NKJV)

O My God, I cry in the daytime, but You do not hear; And in the night season, and am not silent.

Psalm 28:1-2 New King James Version (NKJV)

1 A Psalm of David. To You I will cry, O Lord my Rock: Do not be silent to me, Lest, if You are silent to me, I become like those who go down to the pit.
2 Hear the voice of my supplications When I cry to You, When I lift up my hands toward Your holy sanctuary.

Psalm 35:22 New King James Version (NKJV)
This You have seen, O Lord; Do not keep silence. O Lord, do not be far from me.

Psalm 39:12 New King James Version (NKJV)

“Hear my prayer, O Lord, And give ear to my cry; Do not be silent at my tears; For I am a stranger with You, A sojourner, as all my fathers were.

Psalm 109:1 New King James Version (NKJV)

To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David. Do not keep silent, O God of my praise!

So for us to expect an instant answer from God without waiting on Him is presumptuous. Let's become people after God's own heart. Do not cease praying and keep expecting  God's hand to move.

No comments: