Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Having not seen, yet believe.

John 20:29 New King James Version (NKJV)

Jesus said to him, “Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.” 

I believe in healing. Yet have not seen it yet.
The Words of Jesus :
Luke 4:23 New King James Version (NKJV)
He said to them, “You will surely say this proverb to Me, ‘Physician, heal yourself! Whatever we have heard done in Capernaum, do also here in Your country.’ ” 

Often it is hard to believe what we have not yet seen.

We are all wounded healers.
Two famous people I know and respect who believe in healing and still suffer physical ailments:
1) Dr Yongyi Cho (Pastor of Largest Protestant Church in the World - Parkinsons)
2) Billy Graham (World Famous Evangelist - Parkinsons)

Even the Apostle Paul went through trials:
2 Corinthians 12:7-10 New King James Version (NKJV)

7 And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure. 8 Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. 9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 

Truely His grace is sufficient for us and His strength is made perfect in our weakness.

One verse than means a lot to me: The Words of Job divinely inspired

Job 13:15 New King James Version (NKJV)

Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him. Even so, I will defend my own ways before Him. 

Though I am unable to compare myself to these great Godly men of stature, I'm gotten a deeper understanding and appreciation of the ways of God. I have learnt to lean, rely on God more in daily life.



No comments: